[vtkusers] Overlays in VTK

Dário Oliveira dariodisk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 11:56:00 EDT 2007

Hello friends,

I'm trying for some time to make 2D overlays over an original DICOM 2D
slice, but I just cant get it right. Does anyone succeeded in this task?  I
would apretiate any help.

Presently I'm trying to use the pipeline: vtkLookupTable->
vtkImageMapToColors->vtkImageMapper->vtkActor2D.

I'm having problems with opacity (I cant make it works with transparency),
and with the color level and window (that ont make much sense to define
actors colors in my opinion). I thought that it would be easy to make a
overlay with some actors with different colors and opacities, as it is a
common need, but I'm really confused with the necessity of setting the color
level and window to make the actors color appears right.

Thanks,
--
Dário Oliveira