[vtkusers] Intersect Line with vtkContourFilter

seher at ipgp.jussieu.fr seher at ipgp.jussieu.fr
Thu Oct 11 13:47:01 EDT 2007

Hi!

I have been having a trivial problem intersecting a line with a
vtkContourFilter. Would someone please point me in the right direction?

I start with the following:

reader = vtk.vtkStructuredPointsReader()
reader.SetFileName( infile )
reader.Update()

surfaces = vtk.vtkContourFilter()
surfaces.SetInput(reader.GetOutput())
surfaces.SetValue(0,vels)
surfaces.Update()

Now all I want is to extract the z value of the surface at a position x,y.

I have been playing around with probing, cutting, clipping,
cell.intersectline... but could not get any of those to work. I do not
have much experience with vtk. An example would be really nice.

Thank you in advance!
Tim