[vtkusers] Re: computing Crest Lines

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Oct 6 10:55:10 EDT 2007

Hi Sami,

Did you extracted that polydata from an 3D image ?

If so, you may find easier to compute the Crest lines by using the
method described by Monga, Lengagne and Deriche in the following
INRIA report:

       "Crest lines extraction in volume 3D medical images"
       "a multi-scale approach"
       http://hal.inria.fr/inria-00074338/en/

The basic Gaussian recursive image filter needed for computing
the first and second derivatives are already available in ITK:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1RecursiveGaussianImageFilter.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1HessianRecursiveGaussianImageFilter.html

   Regards,

      Luis