[vtkusers] migration from 4.4 to vtk 5.0

Juan Cardelino juan.cardelino at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 13:55:05 EDT 2007

Hello,
I've recently came back to an old code which used VTK 4.2. I've been
able to make it compile and work with vtk 4.4 and also with vtk 5.0.
However I'm still having a problem.
My code used the vtkDecimate class, which was in the Patented
directory. After digging around, I've found out that Patented is not
present in 5.0. I've lost some hours digging the web and I'm still not
able to determine what happened to it and how to replace it.
Can someone give me a hint on this? Is there any changelog which I could read?
I've read this:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/5.0/html/deprecated.html but doesn't
mention anything?
Is it possible that they have put it in a separate distribution or something?
Thanks in advance.
Juan