[vtkusers] Geometric and ImageData in 2D

Dário Oliveira dariodisk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 09:52:55 EDT 2007

Hi Shekhar and all,

The example you gave me mix geometric and image data (as far as I understood
it actually creates some geometric data from the imageData given, and then
merge this two geometric data), but it just works in 3D viewing. I am trying
to visualize vtkImageData, mixed with vtkPolyData ( or an other geometric
data ) together, slice by slice. I don't think it is impossible, once the
position, origin, and other important stuff for the positioning of the
geometric data, are present on the imageData structure, but until now I
havent succeeded.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dário.

2007/10/4, Shekhar Chandra <Shekhar.Chandra at sci.monash.edu.au>:

> Hi Dário,
>
> I think this example does it
> <
> http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/Examples/VisualizationAlgorithms/Python/imageWarp.py?root=VTK&content-type=text/plain
> >
> Its in Python, but just change the syntax to whatever u use.
>
> I only know about it cause I was looking at it yesterday!
> "This example shows how to combine data from both the imaging and
> graphics pipelines. The vtkMergeFilter is used to merge the data from
> each together."
> Not sure if its exactly what u want, hope it is though.
>
> Cheers
> Shekhar
>
> Dário Oliveira wrote:
> > Hi friends,
> >
> > It is possible to display geometric and image data together in 2D
> > slices? I want to show a 2D slice of a CT exam, and put over it, with
> > determinate color and opacity, the result of my segmentation process. Is
> > that possible? To mix vtkImageData and vtkPolyData in the same
> > vtkImageViewer, and to see the slices containg both the information?
> >
> > If positive, could anyone send me some tip?
> >
> > Thanks!!
> > --
> > Dário Oliveira

Dário Oliveira