[vtkusers] Fw: sweep on surface - (man walking sweep)

Lior A lioraharoni at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 3 18:23:19 EDT 2007

Hello,
I'm new to VTK. I came across it trying to solve a problem in a faster way then I can using solidworks api.
could you tell me if VTK libraries can solve it, and if so, what libraries in general should i use and in what manner?

The problem is as follow:
I want to create a sweep or extrusion of a closed profile, through a curve that lies on a specified surface, in a way that the profile will always be perpendicular to the surface.
The effect i'm trying to get can be illustrated by a man walking on the surface, and holding the profile in his hands lifted up. The man is always perpendicular to the surface, and the extrusion of the profile created by his progress is what im looking for.

I added several pictures to make things clear.

Any help, or hint will be appreciated.
thanks,
Lior.

http://farechase.yahoo.com/