[vtkusers] Qt4 QMdiArea::addSubWindow() deletes VTK render window

John Platt jcplatt at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Oct 2 05:22:54 EDT 2007

Hi all,

When I add a child window derived from QVTKWidget to a QMdiArea,

    QMdiSubWindow* mdiSubWindow = mdiArea->addSubWindow( mdiChild );

the VTK render window created in the mdiChild constructor

MdiChild::MdiChild()

{

    setAttribute(Qt::WA_DeleteOnClose);

    isUntitled = true;

    // QT/VTK interact

    ren = vtkRenderer::New();

    this->GetRenderWindow()->AddRenderer( ren );

}

is deleted when addSubWindow() returns.

Calling GetRenderWindow() again appears to fix the problem.

I was wondering if anybody else using QMdiArea has had the same problem

( Qt 4.3.1 open source edition, VTK 5.1, VS6, Win XP ).

TIA

John.