[vtkusers] Flattening a surface

Alexandre GOUAILLARD hanfei at caltech.edu
Wed Nov 28 17:46:00 EST 2007

Hi fernando,  iryna,

We have just published code for parameterizations in the Insight-Journal.
http://hdl.handle.net/1926/1315

It provides many parameterizations flavors ( as opposed to the existing
filter that only provides conformal param).

It allows to parameterize 3D surface meshes of any genus (using a cutting
algorithm provided in a previous submission), as long as it is
simply-connected (one component).
http://hdl.handle.net/1926/306

Using the itkVTKPolyDataReader/Writer provided in the review directory of
ITK you can go back and forth between VTK and ITK.
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen34/html/classitk_1_1VTKPolyDataReader.html
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen34/html/classitk_1_1VTKPolyDataWriter.html

Don't hesitate to ask more questions on the mailing list if you have any,
and if you give those code a try, we would greatly appreciate if you could
take the time to write a review for it in the Insight-Journal (good or bad,
both are welcome ^___^ ).

Best,

Alex Hanfei Gouaillard.