[vtkusers] Bug in depth ordering whilst rendering

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 28 09:29:24 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 00:49 -0800, David Thompson wrote
> >> The rendering
> >> "SetOpacity(0.999)" calls to some other value, e.g. 1.5 would stop
> >> the
> >> bug manifesting.
> Any value above 1.0 gets clamped to 1.0 (fully opaque) and would thus
> not present a problem.

What algorithm / section of code is used when rendering opaque objects
to ensure those nearest the camera occlude those further away?

I'll post a sane example later today. Is python code running in Mayavi
Python acceptable for examples, or should I try to distill it down to
purer Python + VTK?

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,