[vtkusers] vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform

jtaclas at bidmc.harvard.edu jtaclas at bidmc.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 27 10:09:30 EST 2007

Has anyone used vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform and been able to get numerical values out of it?  Namely the transform matrix and the distances between points of one data set and their corresponding closest points from the other data set.  I have only been able to get an identity matrix from the transform, and a negligibly small "mean distance between the last two iterations", which suggest I'm doing something wrong.  Also, I am unable to get a locator working to find these distances.  Visually the registration appears to work, but I really need some way to quantify how good this registration is.

Jason