[vtkusers] VTK and wxWidgets

Steve Moore steve.moore at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Nov 26 16:33:49 EST 2007

Does anybody know if it's possible to integrate VTK with wxWidgets WITHOUT
the use of the wxvtkRenderWindowInteractor? i.e. is there some way of
combining a vtkRenderWindow and a wxWindow, such that mouse and keyboard
feedback can be handled in wxWidgets, rather than through the vtk
Interactors?

At present I've been using VTK 5.0.3, wxWidgets 2.8.5 and the
wxvtkRenderWindowInteractor 1.2, which seems to work in most of the wxVTK
example cases, but whenever there is a splitter or sash window I've found
that the keyboard input does not work (e.g. I couldn't switch between
joystick or trackball styles of mouse input). Has anybody else had this
problem? This is one of  the reasons why I'm trying to avoid using the
interactor