[vtkusers] Adding texture coords manually to a polydata. Please Help

Godofredo godofredoiii at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 13:00:11 EST 2007

Hi to all.
I'm working with a triangulated point cloud and would like to add textures
to it from various images.
I would like to know if it is possible to set texture coords directly to
each triangle, assigning each triangle a portion of an image or a set of
pixels. Just like a vrml file does, for example.
Maybe the right question is how does vtk actually save texture info when you
use vtktexturemaptoplane and add the texture to a mapper.
Could anyone give me any orientation on how to do this, or if this can be
done? Hope I've explained myself. Thanks in advance.