[vtkusers] large data sets and memory

XViz D_E at ukr.net
Wed Nov 21 10:30:15 EST 2007

Hello Thomas,

Your problem was disscused many times in this mailing list. One process in Windows x86 (NT based 32 bit) cannot use more than 2Gb of memory, and the system itself - more than 4Gb (usually even less - near 3.2Gb). One possible solution I know is using Windows x64 or some Linux. The other - reducing the size of your dataset. :(

XViz, D_E at ukr.net
2007-11-21