[vtkusers] Data

Renato Cesar Pompeu rcpompeu at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 15 08:59:27 EST 2007

Hello vtkuseres,

I would like to create streamlines with real time generated data. In the examples the data are in the files. Someone could tell me how these data are formatted inside these files. How could I do to read values without using scalar and vector files, reading real time generated data?
This is the example:

vtkPLOT3DReader pl3d    pl3d SetXYZFileName "$VTK_DATA_ROOT/Data/combxyz.bin"         ----- file    pl3d SetQFileName "$VTK_DATA_ROOT/Data/combq.bin"               ----- file     pl3d SetScalarFunctionNumber 100    pl3d SetVectorFunctionNumber 202    pl3d Update
# The line widget is used seed the streamlines.#vtkLineWidget lineWidgetvtkPolyData seedslineWidget SetInput [pl3d GetOutput]lineWidget SetAlignToYAxislineWidget PlaceWidgetlineWidget GetPolyData seedslineWidget ClampToBoundsOn
vtkRungeKutta4 rk4vtkStreamLine streamer    streamer SetInputConnection [pl3d GetOutputPort]    streamer SetSource seeds    streamer SetMaximumPropagationTime 100    streamer SetIntegrationStepLength .2    streamer SetStepLength .001    streamer SetNumberOfThreads 1    streamer SetIntegrationDirectionToForward    streamer VorticityOn    streamer SetIntegrator rk4

B. Regards,

Pompeu