[vtkusers] Region IDs in vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter

Ju lynn Ong jong at rsise.anu.edu.au
Mon Nov 12 08:56:51 EST 2007

Hi all, Does anyone know how vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter labels its
regions? One of the previous posts said that the id of a region depends on
it's cell with the smallest id. For example, the region which contains cell
0 will be region 0. If I understand this correctly, then doing both the
following will give me the same output:

connect->SetExtractionModeToSpecifiedRegions();
connect->AddSpecifiedRegion(0);
where 0 is the region id, and
connect->SetExtractionModeToCellSeededRegions();
connect->AddSeed(0);
But I get a different output. How can I link the cell ids of the
connectivity filter output with the cell ids of the original data? I need
to modify the scalars of the original data based on properties of the
individual regions that they are contained in. The original data has been
thresholded into 0s and 1s and the PolyDataConnectivityFilter has
ScalarConnectivityOn and SetScalarRange(0.5,1.5).

Thanks very much for your help.

Ju Lynn