[vtkusers] display geometry in vtkImageViewer

nadine kempe n.kempe at gmx.net
Tue Nov 6 14:19:49 EST 2007

Hello everybody,

I already wrote an email yesterday for I have a problem which is really serious for my project.

I will try to explain it a bit better, so maybe this time somebody can help me.

I work on an already existing tool for visualization of medical images. So far, it allows  my to display the image in three different RenderWidgets, each of it shows me one orthogonal view of the data. This is realized with an vtkImageViewer2 in each of the RenderWidgets. As it only displays the image data everything works fine.

Now, I want to add some geometry to the image data (points, lines ...) - and there I got the problem: vktImageViewer2 shows me all the geometry which is in front of the displayed slice (like it is intended to do) - what is absolutely not what I need. I only want to have them geometry in the current slice.

As I already said, I have to use the vtkImageViewer2 because of design decisions the one who created the tool has  made.

I looked at the documentation and it mentions the class vtkImagePlaneWidget, but I can not see how it should help my problem or even if it helps at all.

So could please anybody give me a hint or an idea how to work around the problem?

Thanks and have a nice day,
Nadine