[vtkusers] OK so does ANYONE use the vtkImageTracerWidget?

Tue Nov 6 10:56:29 EST 2007

I think you have to set the drawing plane and the plane normal for the
tracer for it to work the way you want.

I cheated -- I use the vtkViewImage2DWithTracer class from the
vtkinria3d library:

http://www-sop.inria.fr/asclepios/software/vtkINRIA3D/

That does the book-keeping to keep the tracer able to trace.

I'm working on a tracer application that does what you're talking
about but it's not yet ready for prime time.  Pretty soon I'll start a
project