[vtkusers] OK so does ANYONE use the vtkImageTracerWidget?

Tue Nov 6 10:09:14 EST 2007

That's understood. I took a naive whack at replacing the
vtkImageTracerWidget with the vtkContourWidget, and they really are
completely different beasts.  It wasn't clear to me how to create a
Contour widget and associate it with a render widget displaying a 3D
volume.

There's an example of sorts in the Testing code but I haven't parsed
through it.  If you can point me at a clearer example of its use, that
would be really helpful.

I know to some extent these are a bunch of newbie questions, but I am
new to VTK.  We've done a surprising amount of work just using
KWWIdgets + VTK without exploring how VTK works, but for this
application I need to learn more.  The VTK books and online
documentation are fine as far as they go, but there are corners of the
library that aren't so well lit ;-)