[vtkusers] Re: Curvature in respect to size of surface

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Mon Nov 5 17:06:39 EST 2007

Peter,

Sounds like you're looking for Koenderink's "Shape Index" and
"Curvedness" - two functions of the principal curvatures which decouple
shape and size respectively.

I'm sure a web search will shed more detail. Koenderink's book "Solid
Shape" has probably the best explanation if you can get your hands on it.

hth

Goodwin

ps There's an example of Shape Index on my homepage
http://www.bioengineering-research.com/