[vtkusers] Regarding surface reconstruction from point cloud in VTK

Wei Woo weiwoo11 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 06:56:53 EST 2007

Hello,
          I am posting the question again .I have some points which are organised into stripes- may not be parallel. Points are not organized, when combined they may represent objects with holes inside or any irregular data structures. Now my question is what is the best way to construct surface from this kind of structures. Creating polys manully works well for simple data but when data is a bit complex, this does not work and I did not find any generalised way to do this for complex data. I tried with vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter, but not satisfied as point clouds and constructed surface sometimes do not look alike. What about vtkPowerCrust? Can anyone tell me which way fiits the best for this case?
  Regards,
  Wei.

http://mail.yahoo.com