[vtkusers] OK so does ANYONE use the vtkImageTracerWidget?

Fri Nov 2 11:01:59 EDT 2007

A couple of days ago, I posted a note asking about image tracing using
vtkImageTracerWidget.  I guess it was too long or too speculative or
something because I got no response.

I'm not complaining, mind you.  I know support from peers and
developers is voluntary.

But since it didn't get any response let me ask a different question:
Has anyone use the vtkImageTracerWidget for any real application?

If the answer is no, what did you end up doing to implement tracing?

Right now, I've gotten as far as this:

1. Load a 3D Image.
2. Enable tracing. Trace on that slice
3. When I switch slices, save the traced points
4. When I switch back to a slice I've already traced, restore the saved points.

What isn't happening right now: If I switch to an untraced slice, I
call InitializeHandles() with a zero length set of points, but this
doesn't in fact get rid of the currently visualized trace.