[vtkusers] (no subject)

nadine kempe n.kempe at gmx.net
Thu Nov 1 19:45:22 EDT 2007

Hello @ all,

I am a beginner with VTK and have a, from my point of view, strange problem, maybe it es very easy and somebody could give  me a hint for a solution (I programm in  C++ on OpenSuSE 10.2):

I work on a tool for vizualisation of medical images (SPECT), within this tool, there are 3 RenderWidgets which show me the three different views on the human body through which I can scroll slice by slice. Now I want to mark certain points in these Widgets by their coordinates.

The Problems is, the points appear on 2 or 3 slices around the coordinates, I gave them. So I see something like a little cross in 3D, not only one point (I hope you can follow my explanation).

I tried the following code:

vtkPoints *points = vtkPoints::New();
points->InsertPoint(1, 50 ,28 ,31); //example point

//I read somewhere, that vtkPolydata needs both, Points and CellArray
vtkCellArray *cellArray = vtkCellArray::New();
cellArray->InsertNextCell(0);
cellArray->InsertCellPoint(pointCount);
cellArray->UpdateCellCount(pointCount);

vtkPolyData *polyData = vtkPolyData::New();
polyData->SetVerts(cellArray);
polyData->SetPoints(points);

vtkPolyDataMapper *polyDataMapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
polyDataMapper->SetInput(polyData);

vtkActor *actor = vtkActor::New();
actor->SetMapper(polyDataMapper);
actor->GetProperty()->SetColor(0,0,0);
actor->GetProperty()->SetPointSize(2);

this->RenderWidgetNW->RenderWidget->AddOverlayViewProp(actor);
this->RenderWidgetNW->UpdateContent();

(RenderWidgetNW is an instance of my own class MyRenderWidget which has a member named RenderWidget of the type vtkKWRenderWidget. This class is part of the KWWidgets-toolkit which is based on VTK).

I tried different modifications on the code above without sucess.

I would be very gratefull,if somebody could help me!

Thanks a lot and have a nice day,
Nadine