[vtkusers] Kdtree, m neighbors

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Fri May 25 04:33:19 EDT 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] Kdtree, m neighbors
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 09:59:36 +0200
From: putanowr at l5.pk.edu.pl (Roman Putanowicz)
To: Dominik Szczerba <domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch>
<46569442.6040808 at vision.ee.ethz.ch>

Another solution would be to use ANN (Approximate Nearest Neighbour) library
http://www.cs.umd.edu/~mount/ANN/
but of course one heve to translate vtk data into ANN structure (which
should
not be to difficult). Deffinitely it is simpler than using CGAL.

Regards

Roman
> I asked the same question a while ago and got no answer. I guess that is
> not possible out of the box (you may want to use CGAL for that)
>  - Dominik
>
> heike hufnagel wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I work with vtkPoints objects, and I would like to
> >find the m closest point to a given point in the data
> >set. Is there any way I can use Kdtrees for that task?
> >Because in the class decription I only found functions
> >giving back the one closest point to a given point,
> >not a list of the m closest points.
> >
> >Thanks a lot in advance
> >Heike

> --
> Dominik Szczerba, PhD
> Computer Vision Lab CH-8092 Zurich
> http://www.vision.ee.ethz.ch/~domi

Roman Putanowicz  < putanowr at l5.pk.edu.pl  >
Institute for Computational Civil Engng (L-5)
Dept. of Civil Engng, Cracow Univ. of Technology
www.l5.pk.edu.pl, tel. +48 12 628 2569, fax 2034