[vtkusers] Gradient, 2D histogram , and its memory implications

tony marrero tony.marrero at gmail.com
Mon May 21 09:16:32 EDT 2007

Hello Guys,

I would really appreciate some help regarding this matter.

Basically, i am trying to obtain a 2D histogram of CT ( .raw and .vgi )
volume data, and dont know what to do to achieve this.

It was suggested to me to use vtkImageAccumulate. I think in this case two
scalar components have to be set, one of them being the gradient magnitudes
of the data....  no?

But setting 2 scalar components would double the memory usage and so far i
haven't come across  a more elegant method of passing the gradient gradient
values to the Accumulate function .

What recommendations can anyone give me to solve the  memory issue, and
also to obtain the gradient values from the volume data.

Thanks a lot,

Tony Marrero