[vtkusers] Re: [Insight-users] convert STL dataset to a volumetric dataset

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat May 19 06:44:51 EDT 2007

Hi Tony,

You may want to try the vtkPolyDataToImageStencil class in VTK.

Or

The itk::TriangleMeshToBinaryImageFilter class in ITK
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1TriangleMeshToBinaryImageFilter.html
Note that if you use ITK, you should first convert the STL file into
a polydata file, and uploading into an ITK Mesh. For reading a .vtk
polydata into ITK you can use the class:

         Insight/Code/Review/
              itkVTKPolyDataReader.h

     Regards,

         Luis