[vtkusers] More than one wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor in an application?

Richard A Rowe rar109 at york.ac.uk
Thu May 17 13:31:34 EDT 2007

Has anyone created an application with more than one wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor or vtkRenderWindow using wxPython before?

I'm new to both wxPython and VTK and I'd like to create a two windowed application. I've tried placing two wxVTKRWI's in a wx.Panel - using sizers, I've tried using a wxSplitterWindow - using two panels, I've tried creating a new frame with a second wxVTKRWI in it. The strange thing is they all work until the application is closed when some error messages are thrown up in the vtkOutputWindow...

Are there any special techniques/points to consider when implementing two vtk windows?

The errors are:

ERROR: In \enthon\src\Vtk-5.0\Rendering\vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 238
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow (04302B88): wglMakeCurrent failed in MakeCurrent(), error: The handle is invalid.

ERROR: In \enthon\src\Vtk-5.0\Rendering\vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 238
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow (04302B88): wglMakeCurrent failed in MakeCurrent(), error: The handle is invalid.

Can someone please help! I'm not sure what this means... There is no such path.

I'm using Python Enthought Edition Python 2.4.3 for Windows.

Kind regards,

Richard.