[vtkusers] missing keyboard interaction with vtkpython/Cocoa

Marc Baaden baaden at smplinux.de
Wed May 16 06:20:59 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have compiled VTK natively for MacOSX/Cocoa. Overall this seems to
have worked rather well. However when I run a VTK python script via vtkpython
no keyboard input is accepted, it rather appears in the terminal window where
I launched vtkpython from than have any effect on the running script. Mouse
interaction is fine though.

The VTK window does not react to any of the standard keystrokes (q, r, w, s,
..) and it won't be killed via a CTRL-C. Clicking on the window red dot does
close the window, but does not quit the running script.

Is this some known inconvenience or bug? Or did I miss something during the
compilation? Is there a workaround?

Thanks very much in advance,
  Marc Baaden

NB: Actually I got slightly different, but probably related problems with Tcl.
    Here neither mouse nor keyboard work, cut CTRL-C does. However the Cocoa
    window widgets don't work and I get errors like below when I hover over
    them:
RCNE SendEventToEventTarget (suom 8                   ) failed, -9870
--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden at smplinux.de      -      http://www.baaden.ibpc.fr