[vtkusers] How to generate smooth line

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Wed May 16 06:52:05 EDT 2007

I use the tubeFilter for that with datasets of about a milion segments
and it fits into 2GB.

Smoothing lines is a problem for me too: the smoothFilter works very
well but only for polygons, not lines. For the moment I just smooth them
myself, but would be glad to have it done the vtk way.

DS

YaoHaofeng wrote:
> I have a set of lines in vtkAppendPolydata filter to form some brain tracts, which then fed into the polydataMapper, but they are white and look very bad, there are some programs that generate smooth lines as:
> http://people.csail.mit.edu/lauren/dti_pic5_large.png
>
> can anybody tell me how to generate the same effect for the lines? I tried to feed the vtkAppendPolydata filter into the tubeFilter but it says the problem is too big to fit into the memory.
>
> thanks
>
> hank

Dominik Szczerba, PhD
Computer Vision Lab CH-8092 Zurich