[vtkusers] Retrieve poligonal data after delaunay triangulation

Samuel Marcos godofredoiii at gmail.com
Wed May 16 06:42:44 EDT 2007

Ok, I've managed it (I write down the part of code in case someone reads
this post and needs it). The weird thing is that I previously tried to write
the PolyData to a text file. If I use the vtkPolyDataWriter before
extracting the triangles, I get an empty array as if the vtkPolyDataWriter
erased the PolyData. Is that normal? I think this is a begginer question but
how do I know if a filter erases or changes the input contents? I've read
each filter makes a copy of the input so I thought the input would stay as
it is even if passed through a filter. Am I wrong? Many thanks to all your

  int j=0;
    int h;
    int npts=3,*pts;
    vtkCellArray* oCellArr= vtkCellArray::New();
    oCellArr=oPolyDataDel->GetPolys();
     for(int i=0;i<oPolyDataDel->GetNumberOfPolys();i++)
     {
            h=oCellArr->GetNextCell(npts,pts);

            if(h==0){
                break;