[vtkusers] Using vtkAssembly and creating motion

beth at portugalmail.pt beth at portugalmail.pt
Wed May 9 18:51:26 EDT 2007

Hi,

I would like to create a coordinated motion in a human arm, so that rotations
can be properly propagated.
I also want to make the hand move idependently from the other parts...

I tried to create 2 assemblies like this (highArm, lowArm and hand are
vtkActors):

vtkAssembly *assembly1 = vtkAssembly::New();
assembly1->AddPart(highArm);
assembly1->AddPart(lowArm);
assembly1->AddPart(hand);
assembly1->RotateX(10);

vtkAssembly *assembly2 = vtkAssembly::New();
assembly1->AddPart(lowArm);
assembly1->AddPart(hand);
assembly1->RotateX(20);

hand->RotateY(30);

/*
My idea is to move the shoulder 30 degrees in X, the lower arm and hand
besides this be also 20 degrees rotated in X, and finally, the hand besides
all this, be also 30 degrees in Y rotated...

I only add the main assembly...
*/

renderer->AddActor(assembly1);

Nothing happens like I wish...what am I doing wrong? Please, can someone help
me? A piece of sample code would help me a lot!

Thanks and best regards,

Elizabeth