[vtkusers] vtk compilation

j.sugita j-sugita at ha.netyou.jp
Sun May 6 08:48:39 EDT 2007

Hello, everybody,

I am a beginner of VTK as well as C++ and/or Windows system.
Anyway, I am interested in using VTK, downloaded VTK-5.0.3, and compiled it
using
CMAKE2.4 with Microsoft's Visual Studio 8 2005.
It failed with the following message:
"CMake Error: The C compiler is not able to compile a
simple test program. It fails with the following output.
LINK: fatal error LNK1104: File 'user32.lib' could not be open."
I confirmed that there's no such file in my PC, and after consulting several

Web pages, I produced the file and rerun CMake.
Then came the same message that File 'gdi32.lib could not be open'.
So I again generated the file, and then 'ole32.lib' is missing....
I use Windows 2000 SP4.

Is anyone able to tell me how I could work around the problem?
Is anything missing in my installation of Visual Studio?

Thanks in advance for your help.
J.S.