[vtkusers] can we match a cropped version of a model againt the original using the vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform?

Wes Turner wes.turner at kitware.com
Fri May 4 09:41:36 EDT 2007

The filter handles the selection automatically.  Your just need to set the
maximum number of points you want to use for the landmarks.  Check out
/Hybrid/Testing/Tcl/TestICPTransform.tcl
<http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/Hybrid/Testing/Tcl/TestICPTransform.tcl?root=VTK&content-type=text/plain>for
an example of using the filter.

Note that if you are trying to register a patch to a whole, then you may
need to manually move your patch close to the correct position and call
StartByMatchingCentroidsOff<http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkIterativeClosestPointTransform.html#295d56e80cf959f5cde91201371b7afd>()
on the ICP transform before starting the registration.  Otherwise the
registration is likely to get stuck in a local minima.

- Wes

--
Wesley D. Turner, Ph.D.
Kitware, Inc.