[vtkusers] Running Cone.cxx on Linux

Kalpana Kanthasamy kalpana0611 at gmail.com
Thu May 3 13:21:31 EDT 2007

 Hi guys, thanks for the previous advice, I managed to install VTK on linux,
and I got the executables running using XMing.
I am now trying to compile Cone.cxx, but when I am lost again. I have
included the error snippets with this mail, hope, someone can help me, I
have a feeling its something about setting the $PATH in the linux thing.

command = g++ Cone.cxx

Cone.cxx:23:27: error: vtkConeSource.h: No such file or directory
Cone.cxx:24:31: error: vtkPolyDataMapper.h: No such file or directory
Cone.cxx:25:29: error: vtkRenderWindow.h: No such file or directory
Cone.cxx:26:23: error: vtkCamera.h: No such file or directory
Cone.cxx:27:22: error: vtkActor.h: No such file or directory
Cone.cxx:28:25: error: vtkRenderer.h: No such file or directory
Cone.cxx: In function 'int main()':
Cone.cxx:38: error: 'vtkConeSource' was not declared in this scope
Cone.cxx:38: error: 'cone' was not declared in this scope
Cone.cxx:38: error: 'vtkConeSource' is not a class or namespace
Cone.cxx:50: error: 'vtkPolyDataMapper' was not declared in this scope
Cone.cxx:50: error: 'coneMapper' was not declared in this scope
Cone.cxx:50: error: 'vtkPolyDataMapper' is not a class or namespace
Cone.cxx:60: error: 'vtkActor' was not declared in this scope
Cone.cxx:60: error: 'coneActor' was not declared in this scope
Cone.cxx:60: error: 'vtkActor' is not a class or namespace
Cone.cxx:69: error: 'vtkRenderer' was not declared in this scope
Cone.cxx:69: error: 'ren1' was not declared in this scope
Cone.cxx:69: error: 'vtkRenderer' is not a class or namespace
Cone.cxx:78: error: 'vtkRenderWindow' was not declared in this scope
Cone.cxx:78: error: 'renWin' was not declared in this scope
Cone.cxx:78: error: 'vtkRenderWindow' is not a class or namespace