[vtkusers] can we match a cropped version of a model againt the original using the vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform?

M.Salman at surrey.ac.uk M.Salman at surrey.ac.uk
Thu May 3 11:01:26 EDT 2007

Hi all,
The cropped version of a model doesnt necessarily consists of equal number of points as of the original.While vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform makes use of  vtkLandmarkTransform internally to compute the best fit which further calls for equal number of points in both landmarks.
"Call SetSourceLandmarks and SetTargetLandmarks to specify the two sets of landmarks, ensure they have the same number of points"

Can we still use the vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform to match the cropped version to the original model...
Any thoughts?

Regards,

M.Salman
University of Surrey,U.K.