[vtkusers] VTK on Mac

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Tue May 1 08:48:02 EDT 2007

Hi Frederika,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "how to start VTK". How you "start
VTK" depends on what language you are using with VTK (C++, Tcl, Python,
Java). On the Mac, you must build VTK from source code. You can download
the source code from the following web site if you have not already done
so: http://www.vtk.org/get-software.php. Inside the .tar.gz file
containing the source code is a README.html file. It describes how to
compile VTK and gives some instructions for getting started using VTK.

- Amy