[vtkusers] about memory leak due to vtkPolyData::update() and vtkPolyData::GetPointCells();

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Mar 27 10:31:40 EDT 2007

On 3/27/07 1:44 AM, M.Salman at surrey.ac.uk said:

>I have serious memory leak problems in my code due to
>vtkPolyData::Update() and vtkPolyData::GetPointCells(); so much serious
>that the memory goes to 2 GB and then the program crashes down. After
>perusing through various posts on the mailing list about memory leaks, I
>understand that VTK is free from memory leaks and it has been tested
>against purify.But,I do get memory leak problems. I have tested my code
>against visual leak detector which gives following diagnosis :

I very much doubt VTK is 100% free of memory leaks.  That said, if it's
your leak, I don't think anyone will be able to spot it without seeing
your code.  Also, general advice for finding leaks is to remove code
until the leak goes away.  Lastly, you don't say what version of VTK you
are using, so even the backtraces you provided are not of much help.

Good luck,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com