[vtkusers] Re: Re: Boolean Operations for STL objects (Goodwin Lawlor)

MIRG mirgvtk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 02:34:41 EDT 2007

Hi Goodwin Lawlor

Thanks for advising the solution. I am trying to use this class, but I am
getting errors. As this class is not available through VTK, I have tried few
options but still unsuccessful. Please help me how to use this class into my
codse.

I am using VTK 5.0 and Visual Studio 6 for development. Here is the detail
how I tried to use it.

(1) I included the files vtkCollisionDetectionFilter.h and
vtkCollisionDetectionFilter.cxx into my project, I got the error like here:

"vtkcollisiondetectionfilter.cxx(794) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of
file while looking for precompiled header directive"

(2) then I downloaded "vtkBioeng.zip" from the link you directed, I had
built the project successfully by getting "vtkBioeng.lib" and "vtkBioeng.dll".
After this I added the name of "vtkBioeng.lib" alongwith the other VTK libs
in my project settting. I copied  "vtkBioeng.dll" into folder having all VTK
dll's. Now the application compiles and links successfully, but as I run it,
the program crashes, I found that crashing starts at:

vtkCollisionDetectionFilter *collide = vtkCollisionDetectionFilter::New();

this shows that "vtkCollisionDetectionFilter" can not be instatiated.

Can you please tell me steps how to use this class into my project.

Thank a lot.

MIRG

http://vtkbioeng.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/vtkbioeng/vtkbioeng/vtkCollisionDetectionFilter.cxx

http://vtkbioeng.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/vtkbioeng/vtkbioeng/vtkCollisionDetectionFilter.h