[vtkusers] vtkImageActor, transparency, and depth peeling

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Thu Mar 22 20:26:50 EDT 2007

On 3/22/07, David Feng <dfeng at cs.unc.edu> wrote:

> Makes sense.  It seems then that I have a problem with my vtkImageActor,
> as it really ought to have only one scalar component.  When I step
> through the renderer it apparently ends up having 4 components, even
> though it was initialized with a single-component vtkImageData.

You are probably sticking a vtkImageMapToColors inadvertantly somewhere in
your pipeline. You will have that if you use ImageViewer2, it transforms the
input data through a lookup table map.

If this is the case, you need to use SetOutputFormatToLuminance on it. The
default behaviour of this class is to transform input to RGBA data.

--
karthik