[vtkusers] problem in installation of vtk

vaibhav goel vaibhav.goel148 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 08:10:42 EDT 2007

hi all,
i am new to vtk. I am facing problems in the installation.
I am using vtk installer and source for windows from the vtk home page.(
5.0.2) along with cmake 2.4.6 win32 installer. My system has intel pentium D
2.8 ghz processor with 512 mb ram and i am using microsoft windows XP
professional version 2002 service pack 2 as my operating system.
I am using microsoft visual studio 6.
I am unable to create binary files of the source code of vtk. Every time i
run cmake , it stops responding after 5 minutes after creating the following
files/ folders
1. CMakeFiles
2. CMakeTmp
3. CMakeCache.txt
4. VTKBuildSettings.cmake
after creating these , inside the folder i specify in " where to build the
binaries field" , cmake stops responding.
Somebody please guide me on the installation procedure.
Thanks all
Vaibhav Goel