[vtkusers] Interacting with VTK under Mac OS X

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 14:25:44 EDT 2007

On Mar 16, 2007, at 2:11 PM, Sean McBride wrote:

> On 3/16/07 1:18 PM, Mike Jackson said:
>
>>> We understand it just fine.  CMake 2.4 has full support for rpath
>>> and
>>> install_name with different settings for build tree and install
>>> tree.
>>> It's documented in the SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES command.  A packager
>>> can
>>> get the VTK binaries to install with the desired rpath or
>>> install_name
>>> by setting these variables in the cache with the -D option on the
>>> CMake
>>> command line:
>>>
>>> CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH
>>> CMAKE_INSTALL_NAME_DIR
>>
>> Ok, great.. so I tried this in the following way:
>>
>> $ cmake ../ -D CMAKE_INSTALL_NAME_DIR:STRING=@executable_path/../
>> PlugIns
>> CMake Error: The source directory "/Users/mjackson/Task_4/Workspace/
>> CTMDCore/Build/PlugIns" does not exist.
>> Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
>>
>> and that is the error I get.
>
> This old post is interesting:
> <http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cmake/2006-February/008447.html>
>
> Also this:
> <http://developer.apple.com/releasenotes/DeveloperTools/RN-dyld/
> index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40001695-DontLinkElementID_1>
>
> --

After digging through the cmake docs I found the "proper" way of
doing what I wanted. But it still does not work.

I did exactly as it said in the above web link and it still does NOT
produce the desired results which would be a library with
"@executable_path/../PlugIns/libMyLib.dylib" as the install name

So again, what am I doing wrong. Between each run I completely nuke
my build directory and start fresh.

According to the docs I should be able to do this. So someone show me
how.
--
Mike Jackson
imikejackson & gmail * com