[vtkusers] How pick coordinate in a volume

Francois Louis LAILLIER flaillier at eldim.fr
Fri Mar 16 05:20:31 EDT 2007

Hello Vtkusers.

I want to get coordinate in my volume after a picking action.

I use a propPicker.getpickposition but when I rotate my object I obtain
false value.

For example:

X= 125: True

Y=98: maybe false, maybe not

Z= -44 false I have only 24 slices..... With data spacing on Z =1

I try with vtkpick.getpickposition and I obtain the same result. 124,
93, 12

I want to extract this coordinates, then I place a plane with X, Y
coords, turn the volume and place Z plane.

I want the coordinate in the volume, for example the left,down corner is
to 0,0,z (z=1-24 slice)

How can I have this result?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Francois Louis.