[vtkusers] VTK in Matlab on OS X

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Mar 15 09:27:27 EDT 2007

Sean and Marty,

It is quite possible to build VTK with Java wrappings on an intel mac,
you just have to avoid the incorrect *default* setting of using the
"JavaEmbedding" framework. If, after configuring with ccmake, you go
through and change all the advanced settings that reference
JavaEmbedding to reference JavaVM instead, then it works.

It isn't that "it doesn't work" -- it just doesn't work without
changing some incorrect default settings.

David Cole