[vtkusers] GUI Problem

Michael Knopke Michael.Knopke at gmx.de
Wed Mar 14 04:42:03 EDT 2007

Hi Mohamed,

I wouldn't recommend doing the complete GUI in VTK (don't even know if this
is possible). It depends on what you're familiar with I think. I'd recommend
Visual Studio for GUI because you can find examples in VTK how to set up
Dialogbased /Single /Multiview apps and this works easily. You can also use
Borland CBuilder but this is a lot of stress to setup (I'm using it, so you
could ask me of course).

TCL/TK should be an easy way to do it as well, but I'm not familiar with it.

Using Java is possible, but I read about a lot of problems with it, also it
is not natively supported by VTK, it needs wrapping classes, so It's not the
best choice.

QT should work as well.

Just look in VTKSource->Examples->GUI and choose one.

Regards

Michael

Hi Everybody,

  i'm facing a serious problem finding out how to make a GUI to view an
interactive set of windows contianing 3D model and different views (2D)
extracted for the same Volume.... the question is...should i use java or Vtk
to show 2D views (which are 2D & in the same time  i want to operate on
them)?.....or simply can anybody give me a better prespective about making
GUI using VTK....

  your help is really appreciated
  Thanks
  Mohamed