[vtkusers] create a VTK project under Xcode on Mac Os X

Francesco Pasqualini docfra81 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 05:55:22 EDT 2007

Hi, and thanks a lot for answering
> I understand right, you want to create a new Xcode project and write
> new code that uses VTK, right?  If so, I suggest looking at the
> SimpleCocoaVTK example (<http://www.rogue-research.com/vtk/
> SimpleCocoaVTK.html>) and setting up 2 source trees the same way it
> does.
did you intend this passage:
"
To make Xcode aware of VTK we need to add two source trees, as
outlined in the SimpleCocoaVTK documentation. Open the SimpleCocoaVTK
project in Xcode. Then go to Xcode -> Preferences and look for the
source tree icon along the top bar. In my Xcode it is the third icon
from the right and looks like a traffic sign. Click the icon and a
table display will come up. Click the + icon twice and add two rows
to the table.

For the first row, set the setting name and display name to 'vtk-
lib' (without the single quotes) and set the path to '/Users/rglover/
Development/VTKBuild/bin' (without the single quotes). Notice I have
my username in there (rglover), replace it with your own.

For the second row, set the setting name and display name to 'vtk-
include' (without the single quotes) and set the path to '/Users/
rglover/Development/VTKBuild/include/VTK-5.1' (without the single
quotes).

Case is important here so make sure it is correct

"

> Then create a new C++ project in Xcode.  Next, add all the VTK
> static libraries (.a files) to your new Xcode project and reference
> them
> relative to the source tree.  Next, just edit main.cpp and add your
> VTK-
> related code.

now, if I've some .cxx file containing example made by professor, I
have simply to copy and paste it onto the main file of the new c++
project created?!
If it is so, I love you :D

Francesco