[vtkusers] Linux + VolumeTextureMapping3D

Patrick D. Emond patrickdemond at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 17:32:27 EST 2007

Hello,

When attempting to use vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D to render a scene I'm
getting the following error:

ERROR: In
/usr/local/src/VTK-5.0.2/VolumeRendering/vtkOpenGLVolumeTextureMapper3D.cxx,
line 125
vtkOpenGLVolumeTextureMapper3D (0xb33c4008): required extensions not
supported

The code in question has been compiled and ran on a Windows machine
without any problems, and though it compiled fine on Linux (thank you
CMake) I get this error.  Is there a development package of some kind
that I should install?  Has anyone else had problems getting 3D texture
mapping working under linux?

I'm running:
Ubunto Linux 6.10 (Edgy Eft)
ATI Radeon x700 Mobile