[vtkusers] How to manipulate planes in VTK without using a planeWidget

Michael Hanley Michael.Hanley at ucd.ie
Thu Mar 8 11:15:08 EST 2007

Hi all,

First time poster and still a novice with vtk, so excuse my terminology.

Basically, I have two cutting planes acting on a 3d object. One plane is
linked to a planewidget, so moving the widget moves this cutter plane
along the object in sagittal/axial/Coronal planes. The other cutterplane
is a parallel plane to the first cutter plane, any instance of this
plane is simply called to the current location of the first cutter
plane, it is not movable with the widget.

So, what i want to do is to be able to call these planes to specific
locations in space, namely discrete points along the 3d actors surface
without using the planewidget. So is there a command in VTK (i use Tcl)
that will let me do this? AddPosition was recommended by a friend, but
this only moves the actor, the plane still acts on the same point on the
3d object.

Thanks

--

Regards,