[vtkusers] VTK or ITK?

medo abdelmonem abdelmonem76 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 12:41:27 EST 2007

Hi everybody,

  i'm working on a series of medical images...i need to do some image processing work (grayscale windowing, image enhancement, segmentation and removing scatter...etc.)

  i'm using VTK for my working in image reconstruction (another part of the project) . and i knew that VTK has some image processing tools.Now the question is....Is those image processing tools found in VTK sufficient for post processing of Medical image? or do i need to use Image Toolkit (ITK) for image processing part of my project....??

  your help is really appreciated....
  thanks in advance
  Mohamed