[vtkusers] Kitware stuff installation for Xcode on Mac Os X

Francesco Pasqualini docfra81 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 14:36:28 EST 2007

hi
I can't be able to perform a correct installation of ITK, VTK
libraries under Mac Os X (I want to use Xcode, and in a particular,
gcc).

thanking for the help you got me until now, I try to write down a step
by step procedure I've done. If you can see the wrong step I'll be
yours forever! :D

I write down only the VTK installation steps cause it's speeder. I
suppose the ITK one is identical.

first of all, with this procedure, I install Cmake under cd/CMake:

"
cd /

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at www.cmake.org:/cvsroot/CMake login

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at www.cmake.org:/cvsroot/CMake co CMake

cd  /CMake
./configure

make

sudo make install
password:
"

then I download the VTK folder and copy in cd/Kitware/VTK. Now I
create an other Folder for, if I understand, the, so called "outside
Building"

mkdir /Kitware/VTKBin

Now I've to perform some CMake operation, I think that errors are in
this step so, let's begin

cd /Kitware/VTKBin
cmake ../VTK

Then we come to the suggest I've had from one of you yesterday, use the command

ccmake -G Xcode /Kitware/VTK

I obtain this error

CMake Error: Error: generator : Xcode
Does not match the generator used previously: Unix Makefiles
Either remove the CMakeCache.txt file or choose a different binary directory.

So I try to remove CMakeCache.txt and see....

compiling the Xcode project I obtain a set of warnings and this message:
[Session started at 2007-03-05 11:06:53 +0100.]
Usage: /Kitware/VTKBin/bin/Debug/vtkVREncodeString <output-file>
<input-path> <title>

vtkVREncodeString has exited with status 1.

I try than to build a project that the tutor gave us, but I've the
same error: all the include instructions are wrong and the Filter
Creation part too.

Now I'm in anguish again: what the hell I wrong this time! please help me :D