[vtkusers] boundary detection on 2D shapes in an image

Luca Pamparana luca.pamparana at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 06:07:58 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I have a question about detecting boundaries of 2D shapes in a given 2D
image. I have an input 2D gray scale image that has a couple of regions
(segmented objects) in it. What I would like to do is get the points that
comprise the boundary for each of these shapes.

So, the background of my image has a fixed value (0 or -1) and I would like
to use that as a threshold.

I was wondering if there is a filter in VTK that can do this or if someone
knows what the best way to do something like this would be??

Thank you for any help and suggestion you can give me.

Best,

Luca