[vtkusers] Getting contour of a polydata

Meisam Aliroteh meisam.aliroteh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 12:20:36 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a 3D model (a sphere located at (0,0,0) with radius of 50 pixels)
stored in a vtkPolyData and a plane (located at (0,0,0) with normal along
the z axis). Is there a class in vtk that can give me back the contour (i.e.
circle) that is resulted by cutting the model using the plane ?

I've tried vtkClipPolyData to clip the model using the plane but it does not
generate a contour, it just cuts the sphere and returns the remaining piece
!!!
There are a number of contouring classes in vtk and I am confused as to
which one I should be using !!!